Friday, October 16, 2009

PENnant Magazine from Pen Collectors of America. Giving Credit where due...

PENnant Magazine is the publication of Pen Collectors of America.  While I gave up around 2003 my membership for a few years due to disagreement with certain behavior of its board, I've enjoyed participation with the group again for the last couple years, after the board fixed that behavior.   The magazine of course is an excellent resource for collectors of old pens.  I've had an ad for the www.Vacumania.com website in PENnant for the last year or so. Did so primarily to support the organization, not with any great expectation it would lead to significant business dealings.  Guess I was wrong ;)
The ad clearly sent the occasional customer to my website leading to pens sold. But, last month a new-to-me collector emailed with interest to grab 20 pens in one fell swoop (always wondered, I did, just what is a "fell swoop").  Mostly high-cachet Snorks and other 1950's-1970's Sheaffers.  The pens are shown in the attached pic.

I asked how he found my website. Too my pleasant surprise,  rather than from my usual internet noise, it was my wee ad in PENnant led him my way. 

Guess I must credit PENnant.

The website for PCA is

http://www.pencollectorsofamerica.com

regards

David

No comments:

Post a Comment

Typical HTML tabs for BROAD and ITALIC should work. Others... maybe not.

Messages are moderated. Moderator often checks in multiple times per day. Please be patient when I have rare vacations :)