Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Prototype (?) Lady Sheaffer FP's.

Hi,

Picked up recently a few Lady Sheaffer FP's, purportedly prototypes. Yeah, I know the baggage that goes with the term.

In any case, price was right even if a regular issue pen. Mint condition. Metal contruction (i believe). Patterns I'd never seen before. Working on a mini-essay (incorporating some shots of more common patterns and a shot or two of some Lady Sheaffers Ron Zorn had acquired, apparently made for foreign market.

You might need to hit the magnifier if your browser shrinks the image to fit screen.


Thoughts?

regards

David

2 comments:

  1. I have a question about the Lady Sheaffer nib. It is different from all the Sheaffer nibs I have read about and own. Can you tell me something about how it was developed and how long they made it. Also, does it work as well as the triumph or imbedded nib? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    The Lady Sheaffer (that sort of inset nib) seems to correlate to the 1980-ish series. I cannot comment about Sheaffer's intent with the nib. Most I've written with seem to write nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Typical HTML tabs for BROAD and ITALIC should work. Others... maybe not.

Messages are moderated. Moderator often checks in multiple times per day. Please be patient when I have rare vacations :)