Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Best 1940's Sheaffer ever???




Still recovering from a truly excellent DC Pen Show. Home from the 400 mile drive just in time to start night shifts again.

This probably was my best "buying" show ever for DC. Added a few gems to my own collection.

I think I found the best ever 1940's Sheaffer, although I can well imagine objections to the claim ;)

If you'd like to see the pen, along with a bit of pen shmooze, check out the well illustrated essay. I just tossed it together so no promises on proofing.

http://vacumania.com/websiteess/essay1000demo1940s.htm

regards

david

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting and rather odd pen from the 40's. What is the S/N on the nib?

    I would hope one finds the wire demo form the 40's in the near future - would not doubt its existance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello George,

    While i can check the nib for serial number, I have it on decent authority that the nib for this one is an add-on, so will not (barring coincidence) correlate to exact production of the pen, itself.

    -David

    ReplyDelete

Typical HTML tabs for BROAD and ITALIC should work. Others... maybe not.

Messages are moderated. Moderator often checks in multiple times per day. Please be patient when I have rare vacations :)