Monday, August 24, 2009

Finished at work, catching up with pen friends.

Well, after quite a run at the ol' hospital, I finally have some time off. Caught up on a week's pile of pens to ship to new owners (sorry for delay, guys). And, I'm off to the lake cabin for a reunion with some pen friends for good BBQ (thanks to my parents for procuring burgers, etc for 12 people and of course for hosting at their vacation cottage). Perhaps I'll post some pics later.

I just bought a pen collection sent my way last week... lots of Sheaffer and Parker (51) parts pens, but also a few nice oens including a few mint stickered Sheaffer Snorks in a cardboard POS box I've not seen before. The gem is a Waterman overlay that likely will stay in my own collection for a bit. It is not a rare model (452 1/2 Gothic) but the overlay is superb, with that iridescent toning that often is found in a pen not polished for 90 years or so. Perhaps I'll post some pics of this bunch, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Typical HTML tabs for BROAD and ITALIC should work. Others... maybe not.

Messages are moderated. Moderator often checks in multiple times per day. Please be patient when I have rare vacations :)