Monday, September 21, 2009

Hunting Sheaffer Balance with Anomalous Cap-Band: Part 2

A couple posts down, I showed my personal collection of 1930's Sheaffer Balance fountain pens with uncatalogued decorative double and triple cap-bands. Not so many pens after more than several years hunting.

In this post I present my very limited collection of uncatalogued Sheaffer Balances, this time featuring the "fish-scale" cap-band.  The earliest color I've seen to feature this band is the Ebonized Pearl, along with Black pens from similar era. The pattern made it all the way to the striated pens, which are the final Balance plastic patterns.

The pen at right is an odd-ball, though I tossed it in with this bunch. A Canadian Balance with a cap-band unique to this actual pen (not to a pen era, etc)  in my experience, with la ook that to me evokes some 1940's Sheaffers.    Over the years I've passed on purchasing some of the fish-scale pens due to price, but the selection above represents more than half of my total exposure to this style cap-band. They are not common.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Typical HTML tabs for BROAD and ITALIC should work. Others... maybe not.

Messages are moderated. Moderator often checks in multiple times per day. Please be patient when I have rare vacations :)