Monday, September 7, 2009

Reviewing the Goals of this ol' VacBlog...

Well, I started this thing about 9 weeks ago to host http://www.vacumania.com announcements, latest news, etc. It's easier to use this blogware than to have to generate a new webpage on my website, proper, just to post announcements. I figured, too, that I'd toss some info tidbits out by answering some of the daily stream of back channel questions via this front channel.

Most websites have a "latest news" page. This just seemed an easy way to approach it.

The "back channel questions" thing seems to be playing a bigger role, perhaps because I've been way too swamped with "real life" to post as many announcements as I'd like, or even to finish the next major sales updates for the website. I do have some nice stock in the pipeline, no worries. Might even do another "51 Insanity" this winter.

Believe it or not, it generally is easier to answer specific pen questions than to come up with original ideas.

I'm amazed that people have signed up to follow the blog, beyond just peeking in here and there. I do appreciate it.

I suspect the next step is to offer a weekly "open thread" realizing of course that "open" is bit of a limited concept as the site is moderated. It won't be real time. But, a weekly note to invite questions can provide fodder for subsequent posts... if anyone bothers to post anything that is ;)

Perhaps I'll try that for couple weeks, just on a lark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Typical HTML tabs for BROAD and ITALIC should work. Others... maybe not.

Messages are moderated. Moderator often checks in multiple times per day. Please be patient when I have rare vacations :)