Monday, September 21, 2009

A Nice Ending to a Grand Collecting Career... though not of Pens.

This post is a bit of a tangent to the collecting of pens, per se, but it touches on a core subject to collecting in general; when, how,  and why will we cease to collect. There must be an endpoint or... endgame?  How to stop?  What if the kids don't want the toys (pens in our case, but toys literally in this case).   Can we say "enough", "good-bye", "i'm done"?  I just spotted this article and believe the three pages make for a worthwhile read.

A Toy Collector Winds Down His Collection


The weird thing... I believe I've been in this fellow's home, no joke.  Friends with a local Chabad, shul services have been hosted at their home. My parents' vacation cottage (See the Vacblog's  4 Pen Friends at the Lake ) is not far away, and I believe Dad and I met there once on Saturday morning for services.  Small world... at least if my recollection is correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Typical HTML tabs for BROAD and ITALIC should work. Others... maybe not.

Messages are moderated. Moderator often checks in multiple times per day. Please be patient when I have rare vacations :)